Friday, June 1, 2012

Guinea Pig

I came across this article while skimming through my daily diabetes news brief today:

Omni Announces Type 1 Diabetes Trial Results

This is the trial I have been involved with since January 2011. I personally saw some pretty amazing results during the initial few weeks on AAT. At one point I was off long acting insulin completely! While being a guinea pig is a bit of a strange thing, and maybe a little scary at times, these kinds of trials do so much to help scientists understand the disease and get that much closer to a cure. (True, I have stated my distrust in pharmaceutical companies before, but I have faith that scientists will overcome Big Pharma and develop a true cure--even if I have to go through the black market to get it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment